Monday, January 30, 2012

Mixed Berry Greek Yogurt Banana Bread.

I was browsing through some blogs the other night and came across this recipe. It looked and sounded dreamy...chunky bananas and berries...yumm! I couldn't wait to try it out. I had a bunch of leftover ingredients in my fridge from making a yogurt parfait from this past weekend's baby shower. I thought it looked delightful and easy enough to whip together. So I did it!


I figured I'd make a double batch and send some a loaf over to the neighbors. I'm working on stealing their nanny after they move in July (so sad to see them go though...booo...it will be a sad day).

The recipe calls for fresh blueberries, but I always keep a bag of organic mixed berries in my freezer that are delightful for these muffins here. So that's what I used instead.


Recipe from Daily Garnish:

  • 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
  • 2 large ripe bananas
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup Greek yogurt


  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Start by combining flour, baking powder, & salt in a large mixing bowl.

    In a separate bowl, mash bananas with a fork until they are gooey and liquid-like or leave them chunky. I did. Add eggs, sugars, and vanilla. Add a dollop of Greek yogurt, about 1/2 cup. Whisk until everything is well combined and there are no lumps.


    Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. At this point, fold in the fresh or frozen berries. Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and distribute evenly.

    Pop into the oven and bake for 1 hour or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
    Transfer to a cooling rack and let the bread cool for at least 10 minutes before diving in! It was recommended to add some lemon zest...I didn't have any otherwise I would have. I topped mine with some lemon curd.

    You know....these breads always taste even better the next day after the flavors have settled....breakfast!


    Simply Divine ~ Enjoy!

    Happy Monday.

    lauren

    No comments: