Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Baby Shower Reveal.

Saturday, along with a few good friends, I hosted a baby shower at our house for a good friend of ours, Diane. We had the perfect turnout of guests along with some miniature guests as well. It was the perfect day. The sun even made a special appearance to light up the house.

The theme was a "reveal". Diane hadn't told anyone what she was having yet and she's just two months away from the big day! Nobody knew except her family and us. It was fun to lightly decorate in pink and blue.

Take a peak if you'd like. There's several pictures again. I'm starting to have too much fun with the camera.....

Here's Julia- Diane's niece, and Sullivan our friend's daughter taking a peak at the diaper cake. Kristin made that. Isn't it amazing? And do you see that frog card on the table? Catie, Sullivan's mom painted that. Such talent! I'm going to have to hire her to paint something for our nursery.



There's Diane, our guest of honor, and her sister Susan. Don't they look like twins?



It was a fun excuse to pull out my Grandmother's china and crystal. I hadn't unpacked it yet since we'd moved here since we're limited on space, but felt it was the perfect excuse....and to avoid using paper and plastic...

Our spread of goodies. So colorful and delicious! The little ones dove right in. We had an assortment of stuff: mini cheesecakes, muffins, cheese biscuits, bacon wrapped crackers (yumm!), salad, a chocolate chip cheese ball, and I made a fruit salad and yogurt parfait in our trifle bowl. It was so easy and yummy: vanilla greek yogurt, honey, and berries layered to the top and then topped off with strawberries. For drinks we had coffee and tea, white wine and juice spritzers with either champagne or 7-Up topped off with frozen berries. They were yummy and pretty, but I forgot to grab a photo....


I think this is precious.


We started to run out of counter space, so Camille and I decided to start using the mixer as an ice box for the water.


The girls were so patient with waiting to cut the cake! Getting ready for the big reveal!...


And it's a BOY! Yay for boys.


I love this picture of Diane's face. It was her response to one of her husband's answers to a baby question with the game we played. She looks a little shocked!






The opening of the gifts.


 All the hostesses: Catie, Melissa, me, Camille & Kristin. That's sweet little Sawyer on the left.

What a fun day. We're so excited for baby boy Titus to come.

Everyone was so great and helped clean up that after everyone left I decided to try to take advantage of the sunshine and head up to Paris Mountain for a quick hike. I got dressed and drove all the way out there, was almost to the top when I started feeling super dopey and drowsy. I think I finally allowed myself to sit down that my body could tell me I was TIRED! I ended up turning around and heading home for a nap on the couch with Maddy. Maybe I can talk Lyle into going back with me again today.

That's it for me all! Today will be church, walking/hiking, and just hanging out with Lyle if he'll let me (he was on call yesterday...so sleep is most likely in store for him today). Any adventures for you this weekend?

lauren

1 comment:

Catie Murphy said...

Lauren, what a lovely post! You truly did the shower justice and recorded so many details! Thank you! You must make sure that Diane sees this post!