Sunday, December 4, 2011

Broccoli Brownies


A good friend asked me to share my "Broccoli Brownie" recipe. It's really more of a "broccoli casserole", however as I'd mentioned earlier, as a child I always called them the former because they were cut into squares resembling a "brownie". So there you have it. Call them what you wish! Here's the recipe.

Ingredients:

1 lb. cheddar cheese grated
3 Tblsp. of butter or margarine
2 10 oz. bags of frozen chopped brocolli thawed
3 eggs
1 cup of flour
1 cup of milk
salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 Tblsp. of finely chopped onion
seasoned salt

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in a 9x13'' baking dish. Beat eggs and add to the flour, mil,, salt and baking powder. Mix thoroughly. Stir in cheese broccoli and onion. Spread into the baking dish evenly. 

Sprinkle with seasoning salt. Bake until set; about 30-35 minutes. Let them stand and cool. Then cut into brownie sized squares. Enjoy!

Let me know if you try them!

lauren

No comments: