Friday, November 25, 2011

Baby Nursery Thinking.


I've been starting to brainstorm this weekend about what baby's nursery may look like or resemble. I'm not quite ready yet to do any major plans, but I enjoy the process of brainstorming. My hope is to keep the room fairly gender neutral. This is for several reasons: I can start planning before we find out if baby will be a boy or a girl, too much pink or blue or gender persuasion I think will put me over the edge, I don't want the room to say "baby" all over it though it will be hard to hide, and it will allow the room to be used for other possible children that may enter the picture some day.

Early on when we found out we were pregnant, I found the style crib I want for our small house. It's the Jenny Lind style crib; not too bulky but with classic charm. As I've browsed Pinterest, I found that most of the nurseries I am drawn to all had that style crib! Funny, huh? Here are a few of my favorites I've found so far. I'm leaning towards a gray/yellow/teal color theme allowing for multicolor accents. Mostly because we already have those colors themed in one of the rooms (fyi...room has not been officially determined at this point).

These first three are my favorite...they are all from the same room.




This one has a similar feel.

I like the feel of this room but a switch in the colors and minus the poms; I'd substitute them with something else hanging.



I love this print. I may have to recreate this in my own fashion....possibly canvas or chalkboard?

Check out my Baby Pinterest board. There's more ideas I've gathered. What do you think?



lauren

No comments: