Monday, November 14, 2011

Thanksgiving

What are you doing for Thanksgiving? What's on the menu?

This year, similar to last year, we are away from family for the holidays. Lyle will be working the days surrounding T-Day, and will be post call on the big day (aka sleeping). We are blessed to have good friends up in Charlotte, Bobby & Janae, that we have started a tradition of doing an "early" Thanksgiving feast. This year, they'll be making the trip down to Greenville and Thanksgiving will be at our home.

Therefore, I will be roasting the Turkey. First Time Ever.


This is the turkey I'll be roasting with gravy. In addition, we'll be having requests from Lyle consisting of crescent rolls and Broccoli Brownies (that's what we call them in our family; I named them as a kid, but he calls them something else.....). He's still in the process of making his "wish" list, but I know these are on there. Some favorites of mine will be my mother's cranberry chutney sauce and my brother's arugula mashed potatoes.

I'm going to try this stuffing recipe....


as well as my mother's traditional stuffing recipe (as soon as I get it from her:)).

To toast we'll be serving special non-alcoholic beverages (sparkling cider) for the two moms-to-be, and the men get to have good 'ol beer.

There will be plenty of leftovers because Janae & Bobby are bringing appetizers, sides, and pies! That's always the best part! Hopefully we won't all be too stuffed for a walk through the neighborhood or stroll through Falls Park....and as we start to crash, rousing rounds of board games with the pie!

Wish me luck! Any suggestions? What's the favorite on your menu?

lauren

No comments: