Sunday, November 13, 2011

More painting.

I woke up yesterday morning by myself wondering what I was going to do with my weekend alone. Then all of a sudden I had this mad thought rush into my head, "I must paint the bathroom today or else it will never get done!". I think the thought of the holidays quickly approaching, my inevitable growing belly that will soon be in my way, and then come May(....who knows what life will be like?), got me thinking this project must get done. Our bathroom was the last room (or so I had thought) in the house left to paint. After painting almost every other room, I couldn't seem to get the motivation to paint the bathroom, and was undecided for a long time of what color to paint it. But something got me going yesterday.

So this is the old....



 You can tell I never really put anything into the bathroom because I kept waiting to paint it.....and waiting to paint it....and waiting to paint it.....


I did not like the brown, mostly because it had faded over time and was really dirty, but also because it didn't go well with our bedroom which is a variety of shades of blues, yellows, and white. My thought was to paint it a blue, and more specifically a dark blue because I didn't want to have to deal with trying to cover up the brown with a light color. I had a heck of a time covering red with a light yellow in our dining room; didn't want to attempt that again. I decided on Benjamin Moore Down Pour Blue.


I really like Benjamin Moore paint. I used their paint once before when painting the living room (white chocolate---I'm still in love with this color). I felt it did a better job of not clumping and dripping than the Behr paint, of which I painted five other rooms with prior. Anyway, the Down Pour Blue is a nice color and is taking me some getting used to, due to it's boldness. I've used such softer colors everywhere else in the house; it's really a shock and a change. I thought it would be a cool concept to blend from the bedroom to the bathroom with a similar color scheme, though allow it to be it's own room. The door to our bathroom is often open, so you look into it from the bedroom. I think it's turned out nicely; like I said it's taking some time getting used to. Lyle was a bit shocked by it when he came home last night. He tends to do that with anything new, then ends up really liking in the end. I did a horrible job on the edges and had to redo them this morning (so don't look too closely if you ever come over). I also put some new switch and outlet covers on around the bathroom and it added a really nice touch. I have to say it feels refreshing to have that project just about checked off the list. 

That's all for now. I'll give you one sneak peak, but I'm not quite completely finished yet, so we'll save the rest until then. I wouldn't want to spoil it for you.


lauren

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The old doesn't look bad, but I like the new even more! Such a beautiful color, and great for a bathroom! It looks great with the white!

http://www.laurensweetnothings.blogspot.com/