Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Meeting Declan.

Last Wednesday, the Jackson Family took their first big trip up to Charlotte to do some shopping at IKEA and to see the Bourke Family. It was the first time Finn & Declan, the birthday buddies, met. What a fun day! Finn did amazing the entire trip up & back, as well with our time at IKEA. The parents all enjoyed talking all things baby and comparing the two kiddos. It's amazing how two little guys born less than 12 hours apart are so different, yet much the same.

At one point Janae asked me if I'd been pooped on much; my reply was, "I don't think I've actually been pooped on once yet, but there have been some close calls". I spoke too soon because right as I finished saying this he let out a doozer that leaked onto my shirt and skirt. Ouch. I almost brought extra clothes but didn't.....lesson learned. Thankfully it easily washed out. 

Two nursing moms & their boys.

Fathers, Bobby & Lyle, doing their fatherly duties.

And introducing Declan Nash Bourke; Finn's birthday buddy.

We have an 11 pounder & a less than 8 pounder in this picture. 
Both so incredibly adorable, huh?

Finn always seems to stop crying when another baby/child cries. He just says, "hey, why compete?".




lauren

1 comment:

Erika Collins said...

Hi Lauren! Janae told me about your blog...I had to check out the pictures of the meeting of the babies! They are both so cute. So glad that you and Janae are somewhat close to each other to hang out. Congratulations! Hope all is well as a new mom...it can be a little crazy, huh?!