Wednesday, April 11, 2012

34 Week Bumpdate. A Hatching Egg.

I had couple funny things happen to me today at work. First off, one of my mothers told me that I looked like I was "about to blow". Awkward! Then she preceded to tell me about how it's only going to continue to get worse. The things people think they can say to you when you're pregnant! I feel like some feel as though just because they've once been where you are, it's just fine for them to say whatever comes to mind. Hmmm. Reminder to self: Think before you speak.

(Lyle always gets goofy with the pictures....we rarely get a normal one)

This one's a little cuter.
Five Year-Old Boy: Miss Lauren, your baby's coming to my Batman Birthday party!
His birthday is right around our due date and reminds me every week when I see him.

Then I got this one:
Five Year-Old Boy: Miss Lauren, you're baby's about to patch.
Me: Patch? 
Five Year-Old Boy: Yeah, he's about to patch. He's going to patch like an egg.
Me: Oh! You mean he's going to hatch!...I tried to hide my chuckle.....Oh, I sure hope he doesn't hatch too soon! (Although I wouldn't mind if he came a week early).

Gotta love the little ones and the humorous things that come out of their mouths.
In all honesty, I did feel as though I was going to hatch today! This Little felt oh-so-heavy to me, and I'll admit that I am truly waddling these days. I've started to get mild contractions and braxton hicks, but that's all normal. My weekly email update told me today that he could come any time now and would most likely be just fine. He would have to spend some time in the NICU, but would ultimately be a healthy little boy. Now I have always known this, but this hit me and hit reality in a different way today. 


OUR BABY BOY IS COMING OH-SO-SOON. Wow. I think I need to get my booty in gear now and be serious about getting as much of my "wrap-up" paperwork done as I can for work as soon as possible. This is not at all in my timing, and I have very little control in this matter.



I'm so thankful for having had such a smooth and healthy pregnancy so far. We've been very blessed with that.

Little, we just can't wait to meet you. We are ready whenever you are!


lauren





4 comments:

Cam said...

you are a beautiful pregnant mama! and still remind me so much of gwyneth paltrow....

Molly W. said...

Aghhh, Lauren!! Brooke just told me you were preggers!! Congratulations! You look absolutely beautiful and the picture of pregnancy (as I knew you would!). SO wish I could swing by and photograph you in your maternity glow!! All the best! xo

Catie Murphy said...

You look fabulous, Lauren! And I think it is just the sweetest that Lyle takes these pictures of you...Darling!

danielle said...

Lauren, you look amazing! And that first comment you mentioned, totally ridiculous! You look awesome! Completely tiny and ALL baby!!!!