Thursday, February 2, 2012

Bumpdate...24 Weeks

This week's bumpdate-slash-photoshoot is self imposed. I was about ready to head out the door for work this afternoon but had a couple minutes to spare. We don't have a remote for the camera, and I didn't have enough time to set the camera up perfectly for the timer...so this is what we get!

24 weeks. Can you believe it? I sure can't, though my body is feeling it. Especially that boodie & those thighs! Along with the belly of course. But I love it, cause our darling little boy is in there of which he continues to remind me each and every day with his kicks and wiggles! 


I love all the movement that Little gives me. Last night I thought he was going to break his way through he was so active! I feel so blessed to be a woman and to get to experience this process. I believe I've said this several times before in my updates, but it's true. I really feel pregnancy is one way I can be a servant of the Lord. I have to give up all control and allow Him to do his work. As hard as it is to feel my body change out of my control, to lose sleep, and miss out on some of my favorite comforts (but really not that hard)...it's so worth it! I just can't wait and am so excited for us to hold this little guy in our arms someday soon. I dream of all this little characteristics he's going to take from us: Lyle's energy, long legs, love for life, kind heart, and inquisitiveness....and my....well, I don't know. I imagine him to be a spitting image of his daddy!

And this is all starting to be more real! We've started to plan when family's going to be out to visit and our summer vacation back home that he'll get to join us on (and fly for the first time!). The nursery has started to slowly come together and I'm busy with little odds and ends of various projects for it. I find it to be a lot of fun. Decorating is so fun for me, but I get impatient because I want to be able to do it all at once.....patience my dear.

On a different note, "Any crazy symptoms?", you might ask. Well, yes. Maybe not abnormal but here you go: sleep is on & off with difficulty finding the perfect position each night....it varies; restless leg while watching TV, and mild heart burn sometimes when I might slightly over eat. I went through a period of getting full really fast, but that seems to have passed. One thing that's odd that I do not experience is having to get up out of bed at night to go pee! Maybe once or twice a week, but I find it to be extremely odd as this is one of the major symptoms throughout pregnancy. I used to get up at least once during the night, but that started to fade a while back. I know I'm drinking plenty of water; I'm a bit OCD about it and drink plenty the day. I never was a big night pee-er before though...

All my kids and families at work know now within the last couple weeks that I'm pregnant (I just couldn't hide it any longer...but you'd be amazed at how many were surprised when I told them even just this week!). What's been really fun is to see how the little ones react. I have a couple little boys that are always asking me and their moms about my baby. Here's a good one, "Miss Lauren, did you know that you're baby is going to be at my birthday party? Yeah, he's going to come on my birthday."---he's due on his birthday. His mom told me today that he's always talking about me at home and asking about my baby. Isn't that so sweet??

I really hit a milestone when I was asked in public last week when I was due and how far along I was. Obviously people aren't unsure anymore: pregnant or fat? Or maybe a bit of both! But man, this little guy has grown so much in the past few weeks. Can you tell?

And here's one from a different angle. Hello.

Until next time my friends!

lauren

No comments: