Monday, November 21, 2011

Arugula Mashed Potatoes

A friend asked me to share the recipe for "my brother's arugula mashed potatoes". So here you go!


Really, this isn't a true recipe. And really it may not be what my brother, Adam, typically does when he makes his famous mashers, but I used the idea and decided to just wing it. 

Boil a desired amount of potatoes of your choice until soft enough to easily poke a fork with.

Simultaneously roast garlic in the oven until soft. I roasted the entire clove. Drain the potatoes and mash to your desired consistency. I always leave the skins on because I don't like to have to peel them, plus it adds good texture and color. My mom always told us growing up that all the nutrients were in the potato skins (is that true or was that a ploy to get us to eat all of our food?).

Add the garlic (or squeeze it into the potatoes), a desired amount of butter, sour cream, a little half and half, milk, parmesan cheese mix(or any preferred cheese), and salt and pepper until you get the consistency and taste that you like. Lastly add arugula and mix. Add as much or as little as sounds good or looks good to you. And that's it! Enjoy!

I bet a little horseradish would be tasty.

Adam, any suggestions?

lauren

1 comment:

Catie Murphy said...

Yum!
Will have to try this!