Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rain.


This is what this week has consisted of here in Greenville. Not a bad thing since we really haven't had any good rain in a while. When it rains here, it rains. I'm not talking Seattle rain....drizzle rain, or a hard pour than a slow in-and-out rain, but torrential down pour rain. Typically it doesn't last very long; maybe 15-30 minutes then the sun is back out shining and you can go about your business in a typical manner. However, this week it's been torrential down pour all day, multiple days in a row. Therefore activities really have changed the past few days. My week on my "off-work" days has consisted mostly of staying inside with a few projects: laundry, cleaning, starting my "wall" project for the living room (still in process though; pictures later), walking our neighbors'/friends' dog when it's cleared up in the evening..... because they had their new baby girl!, napping, baking cookies (try them, they are delicious!), and some extra Meals on Wheels routes. Fortunately, I did not do a route yesterday when it was the heaviest rain. It would have been a wet one.

I could have been blogging, but I really didn't have much to blog about.

By the way, did I mention that I've started volunteering for Meals on Wheels? I have and I love it. I've been doing it for a few months now. If you're not familiar with the non-profit organization, check it out on my link above. Basically I pick up meals for a route of about 11 clients and drop them off mid-day. They are for people, mostly elderly, that can't get out of their home enough or manage to cook enough for themselves most often due to medical conditions. This service allows them to be able to stay in their own home rather than move into a retirement home or something of the sort. Often times I'm the only person they'll see all day, so they are very excited to see me, and they send me off with plenty of blessings and well-wishings. It's so simple (for me to do), very much needed, and extremely rewarding. I often finish with some fun stories to share with Lyle, and am frequently touched by the stories of the clients I serve.

Now typically I wouldn't have allowed the rain to stop me from my love of running, but it came at a good time this week because I hurt myself and have had to take some time off. I may have some mild tendonitis in my achilles. I ran my last pair of shoes out so hard that I think I caused this to happen. I didn't realize that there was absolutely no tred left on my shoes! So I quickly ordered a new pair of the new model, AdiZero Boston, and decided to walk until they arrived. Here they are.


The only problem is that I was so excited to run again when they were planted on my doorstep that I hurt myself even more when I went for a run last night. Bummer. I do not like not being able to run! I need to nurse this one though. I was planning on doing the Greenville 1/2 Marathon at the end of October, and had been feeling so good, but plans may have changed. I may have some other reasons I won't be able to run, but this would be the big one. So we'll see. Please pray for a quick healing because I get very sad and uncomfortable when I can't run....

What have you all been up to this week? Any projects? Baking? What do you do when it pours outside?

lauren

No comments: