Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Chilly Fall Day.

It's Saturday morning. I love Saturday mornings. But mostly when Lyle's around. This week he's been in Atlanta for a conference and he doesn't get back until tomorrow afternoon. So it's just me and the cats, but I'll still enjoy my day. It's chilly outside and I'm actually wearing my cozy bathrobe this morning; something I haven't done since March? It feels nice, especially with a cup of warm coffee.

I thought I'd give you a peek at a couple projects I've been working on for the house. I've been slowly putting our living room together and getting things hung on the walls. It's hard to finish in one fell swoop because I've wanted to make sure I find just what I'm looking for for each piece and at a stellar price. So this has been a work in progress. But our walls are no longer bare....or getting there. Now keep in mind that my camera is still my iphone, and I don't have the most recent iphone with the best most updated camera. So remember, everything looks better in real life.

Here we go!

 This is my mirror wall. I love mirrors. I thought it would be fun to line this wall by our door with various shaped mirrors and colors. There's also a coat hook that I hung a jar onto there in the middle. I like to put flowers in there or a votive candle. The flame reflects off of the mirrors and is really pretty when the room's dark.
 These are some shelves I had in my old condo in the office. I'd been waiting to put them up in this house, but hadn't quite decided what I wanted to do until now. I'm really happy with the way they turned out and the placement. Those are some photos from our wedding with our families hanging right above the shelves. In the little vase is a bouquet of herbs from our garden. Oh, how I love the smell of fresh herbs!
 And some other views. 
Any ideas on what kind of curtains to hang? I don't want something too bulky that will block the light coming in, but we need something....there's just an empty curtain rod there for now. 

That's it until next time. What do you think? Is the mirror wall too crazy? I have one more project for the living room and that is to hang a print and some other frames, but I'm waiting for the print to come back from the frame shop. I plan to put a little touch of Seattle on the wall. You'll see. 

Happy Saturday. 

lauren (& the cats)

No comments: