Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Mobile.

So I officially failed the February Photo Challenge. Boo. I think my trip back home got in the way, but I'm not complaining. I'm sorry to have disappointed anyone!

This was my project for today. I made the mobile for Little's bed. I have plans still to maybe add some sweet yarn animals or trinkets, but I need to find some that I like first. I got the idea from Piper's nursery over at Bowdenisms. This is where I've gotten most of my nursery inspiration while trying to put a soft "boyish" spin to it. What do you think? This is just a sneak preview of what I've done so far. More to come later. 


I learned how to make these poms off of a YouTube video. The girl was making something slightly different, so I had to get creative on how I was going to finish it off. Ultimately it was pretty easy, especially once I got the hang of it. The most time consuming part was cutting all the circles out of the fabric. Then I decided I didn't like some of the combinations, so I had to get some more fabric and redo some of the poms. Oh well! It was fun and kept me busy today in between my other adventures of a walk, a visit to Target and then the gym. Oh, if you're interested, the poms are hanging from a photo clip spider that I got over at Urban Outfitters.

It was a cold, breezy, but sunny day here in Greenville. Much better than the tornado that went around us on Friday. We had a Code 5 at work and had to sit in the hallway for an hour! Fortunately it didn't hit Greenville, but it did hit the county I worked in last year! Yikes!

I hope you all had a nice weekend.

lauren

No comments: